GST training for its partners, the HCCB way
GST training for its partners, the HCCB way HCCB regularly conducts training and capability building programs for its partners – distributors, transporters, raw material suppliers. It did the same last year, with its distributors across the country to familiarise them with GST, and hence facilitate the process of migration to the GST regime.
100 trainers of HCCB, each split into teams of 3, camped in different parts of the country to train the 4,000 strong distributor force of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages. The training teams were positioned in respective geographies, based on their language proficiency and relationship with the distributors. Three members of the training team were each experts in the domain of (1) finance and taxation (2) Sales and distribution (3) Training imparting techniques. The training was provided in the local language, either in the offices of HCCB or in its depots or in a centrally located hotel banquet.
The training modules comprised of:
- Understand GST and how it would change India’s economic landscape
- Knowing the GST rates for Beverage Categories
- Getting familiar with the portal for GST registration
- Understand the GST credit mechanism
- Knowing GST compliances and cut off dates
- Managing the transition to GST
- Conducting business in the GST regime post July 1
- Enrolling for GST and making / taking accurate Closing Stock Declaration
These training and capability sessions covered distributors in states like Karnataka, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Delhi, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. Other than the live training sessions, HCCB also established a GST helpline – firstname.lastname@example.org – to help distributors with any offline queries and clarifications or incase they want to reach out individually to the training teams.