Get In Touch
Get In Touch
Take a Tour
HCCB (Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd.) – one of India’s largest FMCG companies – today announced that, International Research Institute for Manufacturing (IRIM) has awarded the Gold Award to its Khordha factory as part of the Indian Green Manufacturing Challenge 2018. The factory is one of the very few FMCG/Food facilities in India to get the award in GOLD category.
The India Green Manufacturing Challenge (IGMC) is designed to recognize manufacturing firms that have shown consistent progress in improving sustainability factors associated with a manufacturing facility. The International Research Institute for Manufacturing is a professional body involved in supporting the manufacturing industry in various parts of the world through research, consulting and training services.
The Gold Certification to the Khordha factory was based on the assessment of the site under the sector of Food and Beverages. Some of the key parameters assessed include: water conservation, energy conservation, GHG intensity, land management, green innovation, use of restricted substances, environment, quality of product, material conservation and innovation.
Acknowledging the recognition, Joydeep Roy, Factory Manager, Khordha, said, “We are certainly happy that our factory in Khordha gets into the list of a handful of facilities that are recognized for its sustainability initiatives! We keep sustainability and environmental resource minimization as an integral part of our factory designs. Recognitions like these encourage us to hasten the ‘green’ work.”
Initiatives such as rain water harvesting, re-use of waste water, waste minimisation, plastic waste management, Clean In Place (CIP), optimisation have been undertaken at the Khordha plant to develop it into a green manufacturing unit.
Some of the initiatives that HCCB undertook at Khordha factory are:
- Extensive landscaping and green belt spread across 12.99 acre land and planting more than 13000 trees
- Water conservation systems with huge Rain Water Harvesting structures along with roof top rain water harvesting.
- State of the art waste water treatment facility with Membrane Bio reactor (MBR), with zero discharge of treated waste water to outside water bodies
- 100% reuse of water for green belt development & utilities.
- Optimisation of water usage through various Kaizens and innovative technologies and process.
- Well-designed water treatment plants and recovery systems such as UFRO, decausticiser, backwash recovery.
- Use of sustainable packaging with innovation through reduction of material, minimisation of waste and recycling.
- Maximising use of LED lights as part of green energy use initiative.
- Implementation of heat recovery systems, use of energy efficient pumps and many energy saving initiatives.
- Use of sterile air in place of Carbon dioxide gas during the filling process which contributes a lot to carbon foot print reduction.
- Creation of Driver Management Centre including training of drivers through Defensive Driving Training (DDT).
- Implementation of Behavioural Based Safety programme (BBS) to create a strong safety culture inside the factory and personal life of the employees.
The HCCB logo is an affirmation of our core values. Much like the Indian ethos, we too, seek humility, progress, care, compassion and inclusivity. We too are curious, colourful and diverse.
Our logo has three components:
1) HCCB wordmark
The colourful wordmark captures the vibrant spirit and diversity of India. Between the four colours in the wordmark, they combine the primary or secondary colours of the top 8 selling brands of HCCB. The two Cs in the logo come together to form the infinity symbol; a symbol of the infinite opportunities that India as a country has to offer and HCCB as a company has to leverage. The imperfect letters in the logo is simply an assertion of our core value of not striving for perfection but progress.
2) The company name
The company name is written in the Noto Sans font, which is designed to be harmonious across multiple languages.
3) The brand proposition
The company’s brand proposition ‘Inspired by India’ summarises our purpose and our soul. We are Indian and India brings the best out of us.
Do’s and Don’ts of Using HCCB Logo
- Always use the Logo in its original form
- The Reverse Logo can be used when the logo colours are the same as the background colour
- Do not stretch, condense, or distort the logo in any manner
- Do not change the colours of Logo
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Private Limited
Tower A, 9th Floor, Amruthahalli,
Kodigehalli Post, Bangalore - 560092